Reporting to the Head of Projects, the senior eCommerce Project Management consultant will work on internal and external projects to challenge and improve ways of working, drive efficiency and support the overall goal of maximising growth and value within eCommerce environments, guide on product development where appropriate. They will also be capable of working on a number of different projects at one time; this may be for a variety of clients. This person will work closely with internal and external members of Project Management, Marketing, Visual Design, Content, Web Development, Product Development, QA, and Operations teams, as well as with all levels of management within the organisation, to facilitate the tracking and resolution of resource requirements, project activities, and commitments.
In this role, the Project Manager will work to improve the Project Management team through process definition and implementation as well as agreed project templates. A strong technical background, including experience with software development processes such as Agile and Waterfall methodologies is preferred.
SENIOR ECOMMERCE CONSULTANTS TASKS, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Analyse current systems and operations to understand current capabilities
- Help define and guide on areas of improvement
- Assist in selection of partner organisations to help with delivery of successful projects
- Define logistics to support eCommerce expansion (shipping, suppliers, warehousing if necessary, staffing, tax rules)
- Provide expertise on eCommerce industry best practices. Consult on cross-functional projects to ensure eCommerce principles are incorporated
- Identify new areas of eCommerce opportunity beyond current organisational thinking
- Outstanding analytical skills, strong experience interpreting test results & drawing conclusions
- Communicate planning and schedule status, issues and risks in a timely manner
- Identify and resolve problems, planning issues, and project changes. Escalation of unresolved issues requiring senior management attention
- Leading project teams and projects to overall success to the satisfaction of the client
- Delivering technical presentations internally and externally
- Leading technical workshops internally and externally.
EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- 5-8 or more years experience with technology industry projects
- Experience in enterprise eCommerce projects required. Prefer experience with large Internet, web-based projects
- Experience in problem solving, process improvement methods, and business reengineering methodologies
- Proven track record in process definition and improvement initiatives
- Advocate of project management discipline and practices
- Ability to work with and communicate to teams to create and modify project plans and resource schedules
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills required
- Experience in gathering requirements from users and facilitating the creation of technical requirements and specifications
- Demonstrated attention to detail through project management related work. Tracking and attention to detail are critical in this role
- Able to plan and prioritise multiple tasks effectively
- Keen to learn and adopt new technology and principles
- Superb analytical skills: both technical and process improvement oriented
- Able to work both independently and as a team member
- Able to independently drive projects through to completion
- Analytical and have good problem solving skills
- Ability to achieve project goals in a fast paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Travel within the UK will be required
- Driving License advantageous
EDUCATION AND/OR RELEVANT EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or equivalent
- Additional training and certification in project management
- Skilled in the use of project planning tools such as Microsoft Project or similar tools.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary (dependent on experience) and benefits package including the option to join the company pension scheme.
If you are interested in the role of Senior eCommerce Project Management Consultant, please send through your CV ASAP to HR@developingit.com. This role is of an urgent nature.
No agencies please.